TRIATHLON WA UPDATE REGARDING LATEST GROUP TRAINING ADVICE.
Firstly we would like to thank all our members and the wider triathlon community for doing their part over the last month to help flatten the curve in WA.
As announced yesterday by the Premier of WA, restrictions to the two person gathering rule have been relaxed. Coming into effect Monday 27 April, based on expert health advice, the two person limit on non-work indoor and outdoor gatherings will be adjusted, with the limit rising to 10 people. Included on this list is;
- Exercise, including outdoor personal training without shared equipment
If clubs/coaches wish to recommence group training sessions, this MUST be conducted in line with all Government Guidelines including 1.5m social distancing. We urge clubs to consider the following additions to their training to account for the safety of all members:
- If members are unwell they should not attend training sessions
- At no time should the training session allow for more than 10 people (coach included)
- All members must be self-sufficient (water bottle, towel etc)
- Allow for extra space within the training area to ensure social distancing can be adhered too
- Group rides of up to 10 may occur but MUST adhere to the 1.5m social distancing rule.
Although these changes from the Government are small, they are welcomed by Triathlon WA and the community. Please remember if you are out exercising please do not risk the safety of yourself or others.