HAVE YOU CONSIDERED BECOMING A TECHNICAL OFFICIAL?
If you are a supporter of triathlon, wish to give back to the sport you love or want something to do while not competing, why not become a Triathlon Australia Technical Official?
Technical Officials are responsible for ensuring that an event is run in accordance with the Triathlon Australia Race Competition Rules (TA RCR). Our aim as officials is to:
- Create an atmosphere of sportsmanship, equality and fair play;
- Optimise safety and protection;
- Penalise competitors who seek to gain an unfair advantage; and
- Emphasise ingenuity and skill without unduly limiting the competitor’s freedom of action.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A TECHNICAL OFFICIAL
- Free education and training
- Free non-competitive membership discounts off competitive membership (if officiated at 3 events in the season prior and completed an online refresher)
- Fee for service payment –please contact your State or Territory Association for details
WHERE TO FROM HERE?
- Complete the online Level 1 Course Theory online
- Then book in to complete a Field of Play assessment at an event by emailing us
- You will also need a Working With Children Check and a Triathlon Australia membership
UPCOMING TECHNICAL OFFICIAL COURSES:
For more information regarding face-to-face courses, or to be contacted when a course date is released, email us