The Triathlon WA Development Program (TWADP) provides a pathway to assist promising juniors to progress to the elite ranks
- Assist the athlete with the skills & resources to participate and compete at a competitive/ ‘elite’ level
- Provide athletes with an avenue to pursue state and national representation
- Provide athletes with education and experience to compete at a state, national or international level
- Provide a team environment built around inclusion and encouragement at all TWADP activities and events.
- Support DTE and coaches to further develop the skills required to reach each athletes
There are four (4) tiers within the TWADP, with athletes assessed against the Selection Policy.
||Athletes who show a keen interest in developing skills and have a commitment to racing at local events.
* Invitation to certain training ONLY
||Athletes who display skills and athletic ability towards the elite pathway and have commenced draft-legal racing events.
Athletes with the skills and athletic ability to race draft-legal and have experience racing at National events.
||Athletes who display performance skills. They have a clear performance mentality and results at National events.
1. Athletes must be at least 14 years of age and no older than 23 years of age at 31/12/2021 and thus eligible to race in the following racing categories:
- Youth: 14-15 years of age as at 31/12/2021
- Junior: 16 – 19 years of age as at 31/12/2021
- U23: 20-23 years as at the 31/12/2021
2. Athletes must be eligible to represent Australia if required.
3. Athletes must be in good standing with both Triathlon WA and Triathlon Australia.
4. Athletes must have a coach who is ‘accredited’ by Triathlon Australia (and hold a current membership).
Athletes, parents or guardians should read the Selection Policy before applying
|08 September 2020
|21 September 2020
|26 September 2020
||Time Trial 1
|03 October 2020
||Time Trial 2
|Week commencing 12 October
||Offers to selected athletes made
|20 October 2020
||Acceptances must be received by Triathlon WA
For further enquiries or questions about the TWADP, please contact Frank Stapleton, Triathlon WA Junior Development Coordinator on 9443 9778 or email@example.com