The role of the Membership and Marketing Manager provides opportunities for participation and membership growth in triathlon for all sections of the community with a focus on engagement, development and assistance to our key stakeholders.
You will create and implement the overall marketing strategy, in line with the organisations key priority areas along with owning and developing the relationships with our members and key stakeholders.
The Membership and Marketing Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for management of staff and casual employees/volunteers within the Membership and Marketing unit. A professional manner and high-level customer service is considered invaluable. The role requires an ability to work autonomously and ensure confidentiality, although the contribution to the team is of utmost importance.
Your responsibilities will include;
What you will bring to the team;
- Coordinate, review and improve upon existing initiatives to drive membership and participation in the sport of Triathlon in WA
- Implementing strategies for community and club engagement.
- Formulate and implement marketing and business development strategies to grow membership and engagement.
- Implementing participation programs in a club environment
- Working with TWA affiliated clubs to help them strengthen their membership base and overall functionality.
- Representing and building the profile of TWA at local events
- Actively searching for funding/grant opportunities for TWA and affiliated Clubs
As a dynamic, passionate and credible professional with a strong ability to deliver on your responsibilities, you have a demonstrated track record of establishing and growing relationships across a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
You will be commercially astute with the hunger to engage in business and process development activities. Ideally you will either be currently working or have previously worked in not-for-profit and membership-based organisations.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Six (6) plus years’ experience working in the Sport, Recreation, or not-for-profit industry in a Membership, Stakeholder Engagement or Marketing Manager Position
- Experience in implementing and monitoring of club development initiatives including management/governance, participation programs, volunteer development and membership engagement
- Broad digital marketing skills with proven ability to develop and implement campaign strategies to drive membership acquisition and engagement
- Developed positive relationships with community and key stakeholders to influence, adopt and drive change
- Previous experience in developing and implementing participation and development programs in sport, leisure, recreation or similar.
- Strong networking skills with experience managing a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Have proven ability to develop and execute marketing strategies in line with company objectives and outcomes
- Highly developed and engaging oral and written communication skills
- Experience in managing staff, casual employees or volunteers
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Experience sourcing government funding
- Experience working with volunteers and in member-based organisations, or in sport is highly desirable.
- Understanding of Triathlon landscape within WA and club environment
- Have strong working-knowledge of Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
Applications Close: 31 October 2019 5:00pm
All enquiries to Ashleigh Apps, Executive Director Triathlon WA, 9443 9778 or email@example.com
All applications MUST include the following;
- Current Resume
- Cover letter outlining essential selection criteria, skills and experience which make you the appropriate candidate for the position in either WORD or PDF format.
Applications to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00pm Wednesday 31 October 2019.
The Full Job Description can be found here