The Triathlon Australia Foundation Coaching Course - Postponed
Cost $385 including lunch both days and all course consumables.
To be eligible to register for the course you must:
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the commencement of the learning program.
- Be a current Triathlon Australia member.
- Have access to an internet connected device for the Knowledge Hub online resource.
- A basic ability to Swim / Bike / Run is required.
To register please click here
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE 6 MARCH 2020
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Foundation Coach Training Program and Accreditation been specifically designed to provide a supporting and engaging environment for developing the fundamentals of coaching triathlon, to equip coaches with the necessary skills and resources to start coaching.
THE FOUNDATION COACH TRAINING PROGRAM IS MADE UP OF:
- 20-25 hours of independent learning and assessment tasks over 3-4 weeks via the Knowledge Hub [prior to attending the face to face sessions]
- 2-day face to face program attendance.
- A blended delivery strategy will be employed utilising the Flipped Classroom approach in a balance of online learning, face to face learning sessions and practical coaching.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The course will focus on developing key coaching skill including:
- How to communicate effectively.
- How to engage athletes.
- How to give quality meaningful feedback.
Coaches will also be introduced to the triathlon disciplines (swim, bike, run and transitions) and the basic skills to be coached. You will also cover athlete safety and welfare, session preparation, evaluation and reflection.
More information about the course, can be found on the Triathlon Australia website: Click Here