BECOMING A TECHNICAL OFFICIAL
HAVE YOU CONSIDERED BECOMING A TECHNICAL OFFICIAL?
If you are a supporter of triathlon, wish to give back to the sport you love or want something to do while not competing, why not become a Triathlon
Australia Technical Official?
Technical Officials are responsible for ensuring that an event is run in accordance with the Triathlon Australia (TA) Race Competition Rules (RCR).
Our aim as officials is to:
- Create an atmosphere of sportsmanship, equality and fair play;
- Optimise safety and protection;
- Penalise competitors who seek to gain an unfair advantage; and
- Emphasise ingenuity and skill without unduly limiting the competitor's freedom of action.
REASONS TO BECOME A TECHNICAL OFFICIAL
- Gain a better understanding of the TA RCR;
- A chance to give back to the sport and help to develop it;
- Gain an insight into what is involved in conducting a triathlon event thus giving you a greater appreciation for marshals and officials at
future events making you a better competitor.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A TECHNICAL OFFICIAL
- Free education and training
- Free non-competitive membership discounts off competitive membership (if officiated at 3 events in the season prior)
- Fee for service payment –please contact your State or Territory Association for details
WHERE TO FROM HERE?
- Complete the Introductory Officiating course provided by the Australian Sports Commission
- Register for an upcoming Technical Official Course
UPCOMING TECHNICAL OFFICIAL COURSES:
Cathy Hoare | Technical and Santioning Coordinator
Phone: 9443 9778